Obtaining optimal health is a goal for many people. No one wants to develop disease and sickness. The good news is that there are ways to develop optimal health by avoiding purchasing food loaded with chemicals, have no nutritional value, or are genetically altered. Let’s discover the top fifteen foods to avoid.
1. Avoid purchasing anything with words you can’t pronounce. If you have difficulty figuring out what a word is and have a hard time pronouncing it, don’t buy it. Most likely it is a harmful chemical.
2. Monosodium Glutamate. Never buy anything with this chemical in it. MSG is a toxin that is dangerous, causes weight gain, increases appetite, and causes all kinds of health problems.
3. Stay Away from Aspartame. This is a toxin that makes people gain weight, causes hunger, and leads to medical problems such as PMS and migraines.
4. Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup. This is a chemical that causes people to become addicted and makes them fat.
5. No Hydrogenated Oil or Partially Hydrogenated Oil. Never buy foods with these ingredients since they are trans fats. Trans fats are deadly, cause heart disease, cause weight gain, and other medical problems.
6. Avoid Sugar. Sugar that is processed turns out as refined white powder. All the natural sugarcane is taken out. Sugar has lots of chemicals that are used in the growing of sugarcane. It should be avoided at all costs.
7. Don’t Be Fooled By “Natural” and “Artificial Flavor”. These words, most of the time, mean that the food is loaded with chemicals and grown with pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and herbicides. The bottom line….eating 100% certified organic food is best.
8. Be Wary of “Spices.” Spices do sound very healthy, but many of them really are not. Companies use hundreds of chemicals put it in food products, but only label the product as a spice. In reality, people are getting more than salt, pepper, oregano, and the like in their foods. Most of the time, lots of man-made chemicals are made as well.
9. Avoid Artificial Color. If anything has dye in it, stay away. A dye is really a chemical poison.
10. Avoid Palm Oil: This is very unhealthy, is cheap to manufacture, and causes physical problems
11. Dextrose, Sucrose, and Fructose. These are chemically made sweeteners and are not good for the body at all. So, it’s best to avoid them.
12. Avoid Sucralose and Splenda. This is a man-made sweetener that most people have heard of. In spite of the hype, it is unnatural, artificial, and man-made. They cause increases in appetite, depression, allergies, etc. It is best to avoid these products.
13. No Enriched Bleached White Flour. This flour has no fiber. It has no nutritional value, and is highly refined. Eat organic wheat flour or other organic flours such as rye, millet, etc.
14. Avoid Soy Protein Isolate. This is usually found in protein shakes and in protein or food bars. Soy protein isolate’s refining process often includes hexane, which a petroleum solvent like gasoline. The best thing to do is to avoid it at all costs.
15. Nitrates (also called Nitrites) is a preservative and used to set color in food. Nitrates and Nitrites form Nitrosamines in the body. Nitrosamines are carcinogenic. The very high heat used to cook many processed meats like sausage and bacon, assist in the formation of Nitrosamines. Studies indicate that people who eat a lot of processed meats with nitrates (including hot dogs, bacon, cold cuts, sausages) are at a much higher risk for pancreatic cancer.
So, there you have it. The top 15 ingredients to avoid. Pay attention to those labels and be on your way to outstanding health.