2nd Annual Fit Body Boot Camp Mother’s Day Fun Run
Saturday, May 12th
ALL LEVELS OF ABILITY WELCOMED!
This is a FREE COED event with 2 starting locations
for both Intermediate/Advanced Runners as well as Beginners/Hikers
Intermediate/Advanced Runners meet at 6:40am SHARP at the Fit Body Boot Camp Gym
22321 Gilberto, RSM
Beginners/Hikers meet at 6:45am SHARP on the corner of Arroyo Vista and Paraiso in RSM. You will see the Sierra Verde homes on the left side of the street and the Arroyo Trabuco Wilderness Trailhead entrance on the right side of the street. Meet at the trailhead entrance.
(See photos below of Oz gearing up for the run & Trailhead location!)
ALL MOTHER’S WHO PARTICIPATE IN THE FUN RUN WILL RECEIVE A FREE BOWL OF HEAVEN!
MAY 12TH EVENT SCHEDULE
6:40am Intermediate/Advanced Runners Start (Meets at the gym)
6:45am Begginners/Hikers Start (Meets at the Arroyo Trabuco Trailhead)
8:00am Suicide Saturday Boot Camp (Meets back at the gym)
9:00am Bowl of Heaven Breakfast (Meets at 29851 Aventura, Next to RSM Post Office)
RSVPS ARE A MUST!
RSVP TO TrainerAli@me.com
Obtaining optimal health is a goal for many people. No one wants to develop disease and sickness. The good news is that there are ways to develop optimal health by avoiding purchasing food loaded with chemicals, have no nutritional value, or are genetically altered. Let’s discover the top fifteen foods to avoid.
1. Avoid purchasing anything with words you can’t pronounce. If you have difficulty figuring out what a word is and have a hard time pronouncing it, don’t buy it. Most likely it is a harmful chemical.
2. Monosodium Glutamate. Never buy anything with this chemical in it. MSG is a toxin that is dangerous, causes weight gain, increases appetite, and causes all kinds of health problems.
3. Stay Away from Aspartame. This is a toxin that makes people gain weight, causes hunger, and leads to medical problems such as PMS and migraines.
4. Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup. This is a chemical that causes people to become addicted and makes them fat.
5. No Hydrogenated Oil or Partially Hydrogenated Oil. Never buy foods with these ingredients since they are trans fats. Trans fats are deadly, cause heart disease, cause weight gain, and other medical problems.
6. Avoid Sugar. Sugar that is processed turns out as refined white powder. All the natural sugarcane is taken out. Sugar has lots of chemicals that are used in the growing of sugarcane. It should be avoided at all costs.
7. Don’t Be Fooled By “Natural” and “Artificial Flavor”. These words, most of the time, mean that the food is loaded with chemicals and grown with pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and herbicides. The bottom line….eating 100% certified organic food is best.
8. Be Wary of “Spices.” Spices do sound very healthy, but many of them really are not. Companies use hundreds of chemicals put it in food products, but only label the product as a spice. In reality, people are getting more than salt, pepper, oregano, and the like in their foods. Most of the time, lots of man-made chemicals are made as well.
9. Avoid Artificial Color. If anything has dye in it, stay away. A dye is really a chemical poison.
10. Avoid Palm Oil: This is very unhealthy, is cheap to manufacture, and causes physical problems
11. Dextrose, Sucrose, and Fructose. These are chemically made sweeteners and are not good for the body at all. So, it’s best to avoid them.
12. Avoid Sucralose and Splenda. This is a man-made sweetener that most people have heard of. In spite of the hype, it is unnatural, artificial, and man-made. They cause increases in appetite, depression, allergies, etc. It is best to avoid these products.
13. No Enriched Bleached White Flour. This flour has no fiber. It has no nutritional value, and is highly refined. Eat organic wheat flour or other organic flours such as rye, millet, etc.
14. Avoid Soy Protein Isolate. This is usually found in protein shakes and in protein or food bars. Soy protein isolate’s refining process often includes hexane, which a petroleum solvent like gasoline. The best thing to do is to avoid it at all costs.
15. Nitrates (also called Nitrites) is a preservative and used to set color in food. Nitrates and Nitrites form Nitrosamines in the body. Nitrosamines are carcinogenic. The very high heat used to cook many processed meats like sausage and bacon, assist in the formation of Nitrosamines. Studies indicate that people who eat a lot of processed meats with nitrates (including hot dogs, bacon, cold cuts, sausages) are at a much higher risk for pancreatic cancer.
So, there you have it. The top 15 ingredients to avoid. Pay attention to those labels and be on your way to outstanding health.
If you’re like me you feel great after a workout. Yes, I hate getting up early and driving to boot camp. In fact, many days it’s only the memory of how I will feel afterward that gives me the motivation to get out of bed. I know if I have a good workout, I will have a great day.
Well come to find out Trainer Ali of Rancho Santa Margarita Fit Body Boot Camp agrees. She basically said the following:
- Your brain is a thinking organ that learns and grows by interacting with the world through perception and action.
- Mental stimulation and exercise improves brain function and actually protects against cognitive decline. (You know…getting dumber)
- No matter what age, the human brain is able to continually adapt and rewire itself. Even in old age, it can grow new neurons.
- Severe mental decline is usually caused by disease, whereas most age-related losses in memory or motor skills simply result from inactivity and a lack of mental exercise and stimulation.
- In other words, use it or lose it. (Now that I can understand)
Trainer Ali said, “Exercise has positive effects on the entire body. Hello! The brain is part of your body too.”
Not that I don’t trust Trainer Ali or anything. (She is a NESTA Certified PFT with over 10 years of experience.) But I had to find out for myself…and the funny thing is…she was right.
Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Illinois, Rice University and Ohio State in the US showed that a program of aerobic exercise, over the course of a year, can increase the size of the hippocampus – a part of the brain key to memory and spatial navigation – in adults aged 55 to 80.
The results were made public on Jan 31, 2011, by the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. They back up earlier research that has shown a correlation between fitness level and brain function.
To complete the study, the team recruited 120 older people who didn’t exercise regularly. Half were randomly assigned to an aerobic exercise program, walking around a track three days a week for 40 minutes per session. The other half embarked on a stretching-and-weights program. Both groups were carefully coached and monitored. They provided blood samples, performed spatial memory exercises and were given MRIs at the beginning, halfway point and end of the research period.
The group doing aerobic exercise had increases in hippocampus volume: up 2.12 per cent in the left hippocampus, and 1.97 per cent in the right hippocampus. The stretching group, on the other hand, had decreased hippocampus volume: down 1.40 per cent on the left and 1.43 per cent on the right.
Rancho Santa Margarita Fit Body Boot Camp is located at 22321 Gilberto, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688. The boot camp offers the only indoor, spring loaded floors to save your joints. They have three sessions a day M-F starting at 5:30am, 8:45am, & 6:15pm and one session on Sat at 8:00am. Contact Trainer Ali at 949-929-1249.
Trainer Ali says, “See? Smart people work out…now eat your veggies!”