Breakfast is touted as the most important meal of the day. Well, they are all important, but It’s the first meal of the day and the easiest to mess up. Donuts, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, sugary cereals…there are so many ways to start your day off in a fattening way.
Read on for 5 No-Effort Breakfasts that deliver in taste, nutrition and speed.
1. Egg Muffins
Traditional fluffy bakery muffins sure are delicious, but that’s the fast track to weight gain. So instead let’s enjoy a protein-packed egg muffin in the morning. These egg muffins are quick, last up to 4 days in the fridge, and will fill you with wholesome energy.
- 6 Pastured eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- handful of shredded raw cheese
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Mix up the eggs, add bell pepper, cheese and seasonings. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg is fully set.
2. Green Smoothie
Not all smoothies were created equal. In fact, most smoothies are nothing but cups filled with simple sugar – fat traps that are marketed as health food. This green smoothie recipe is different. Packed with wholesome protein and nutritious greens, it’s big on flavor, nutrition and the energy that comes from real food ingredients.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1Tablespoon sprouted almond butter
- 1/4 cup wheat grass or Wheat grass powder
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop Garden of Life raw chocolate protein
- 1 inch slice of banana
- Optional pinch of Stevia
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all the ingredients in your high speed blender then blend on high for a full minute, or until the tiny pieces of spinach have disappeared and the smoothie turns a brilliant shade of green.
3. Hard Boiled Eggs & Apple Slices
You’d be hard pressed to find a healthier or quicker breakfast than hard boiled eggs and apple slices. It’s filled with healthy protein, fiber and energy prompting nutrients while being quick and portable.
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer. Cover with an inch or two of cold water. Add the salt to the water. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat, leaving the saucepan where it is. Cover and sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain the hot water from the saucepan and run cold water over the eggs. Peel and enjoy.
4. Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Pumpkin is the flavor of the season, so let’s enjoy it in this quick, nutritious smoothie recipe. The problem with most smoothies is the sugar content, so I’ve made this smoothie to be low in sugar yet still high in flavor.
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (or half if you want to save on calories and carbs)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg and cloves
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. Serve immediately.
5. Turkey or Chicken Roll Ups
This is a very quick breakfast idea that tastes amazing. It’s filled with protein, good fats and wholesome fiber. Best of all you can make this in 5 minutes or less, throw them into a ziplock bag and eat them on-the-go!
Turkey or Chicken Roll Ups
- 6 slices Applegate turkey or chicken
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- Spread some of the almond butter down the center of each turkey or ham slice. Throw in the spinach. Line with a few slices of apple and a sprinkle of raisins. Roll up and enjoy.
Don’t forget that breakfast is the first most important meal of the day. Now you have 5 wholesome, quick recipes to fuel your mornings and keep you on track for healthy eating all day long. Start your day right and the rest of the day will follow suit.
Healthy eating is only half of the fitness formula. Eat a healthy breakfast and then come workout with me. Call or email me today to get started on a fat loss program that really works.